•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Time-lapse Moon, Venus, Hyades, Pleiades 9:59 p.m. to 10:31 p.m. CET from 03/28/20

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 starfire5

starfire5

Mariner 2

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Wiehl, 60 km east of Collogne, Germany

Posted 28 March 2020 - 06:46 PM

Hello togehter,

tonight I was able to create a spontaneous and unplanned time lapse with moving clouds of the close encounter of the increasing moon, Venus, the Hyades and Pleiades.I could not complete the downfall of this constellation, because after a little more than half an hour the sky was largely cloudy. The only one plane could have been a plane from Paris, there is not much flying up there at the moment and in terms of direction and time it could have been a plane from Ethiopia Airlines, that would fit, but I'm not sure ...

There was a gusty, cold northeast wind announcing the polar air that we will get tomorrow. The camera was a mirrorless camera from the Fujifilm brand, type X-T20 with zoom lens. Focal length 18 mm, aperture 2.8, ISO 800, exposure 4s. An image was taken every 10 s between 9:59 p.m. and 10:31 p.m. CET. The pictures had to be reduced in size. The video was created in VirtualDub (compressed). Unfortunately I only have 500 MB of free space per week ...

Please use the following link: https://vimeo.com/401738879

The quality of the vimeo video is unfortunately somewhat worse than the original video, the Pleiades can be seen, but can be seen a lot better in the recompressed video.

Thanks for watching and clear skies, Jens

• ToxMan and chrysalis like this

#2 chrysalis

chrysalis

ISS

• Loc: North Central NC

Posted 29 March 2020 - 03:38 AM

Wonderful!!

#3 Starman27

Starman27

Cosmos

• Moderators
  • Loc: Illinois, Iowa

Posted 29 March 2020 - 10:40 AM

Really nice!

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics