My mount (HEQ 5) comes in on Thursday! Super excited. Looking at the forecast, that night is going to be a clear night(woo).
I do not however intend for it to go well. This is going to be a trial run, and if all does go well then I will use the rest of my time before bed to image. So to minimize my problems I figured I would ask a few questions here.
1. How do I balance the mount? I will be using a mirrorless and a 70 - 200mm f/4, It cannot weigh that much. Any recommended videos?
2. Dithering. Is it possible without a guiding camera/scope? I will be using Ekos.
3. Framing. Can I turn my whole lens/camera system to better frame my subject? For instance, if I guide to Orion, will I be bale to then loosen my camera/lens mount to turn it and get the framing I like?
4. When I do guide to a star or DSO, if it is not centered perfectly, can I use the Synscan controller to center it?
5. After polar alignment, is it necessary to do star alignment? How many? 1 star or 3?
6 What the heck is plate solving? I see it on Ekos. I hope it is self explanatory!
7. Ill post any others in responses to this.
Edited by Deesk06, 28 March 2020 - 07:10 PM.