•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Nikon T-Adapter To Fit A Baader 2" Click-Lock Visual Back

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 BeltofOrion

BeltofOrion

Viking 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Newfoundland, Canada

Posted 28 March 2020 - 07:41 PM

I have the Baader 2" Click-Lock Visual Back on my Celestron 1100 Edge HD and it is one of the best accessories I have ever spent money on.  I also have the Celestron T-adapter for the C11 (part #93646)  and the T ring for my Nikon cameras. However, anytime I want to use that T-adapter and T-ring, I have to remove the Baader Click-Lock Visual Back first and screw on the T-adapter. ( I also had a bad experience with that a while back and had that T-adapter ring lock on to the scope and I had difficulty removing it). So, would anyone know if there is a T-adapter with a 2 inch nosepiece made for Nikon that will slip into the Baader Click-Lock visual back? Of course, the Celestron T-adapter is constructed so that the correct amount of back focus is built in. So any such T-adapter ... if it exists ... would have to be long enough to accomodate that back focus.

Edited by BeltofOrion, 28 March 2020 - 07:42 PM.

#2 bridgman

bridgman

Apollo

• -----
  • Loc: Mosport, ON, Canada

Posted 28 March 2020 - 08:41 PM

I believe what you need is called a 2" nosepiece with T threads:

https://agenaastro.c...ad-adapter.html

https://agenaastro.c...16-2408150.html

Should work with your existing T ring... just goes into the ClickLock visual back rather than the C11 threads.

• BeltofOrion likes this

#3 BeltofOrion

BeltofOrion

Viking 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 28 March 2020 - 09:18 PM

I believe what you need is called a 2" nosepiece with T threads:

https://agenaastro.c...ad-adapter.html

https://agenaastro.c...16-2408150.html

Should work with your existing T ring... just goes into the ClickLock visual back rather than the C11 threads.

Yes, I found those ... also similar ones on Amazon. But they don't appear to be long enough. The 2'' would be great for fitting into the Baader Click-Lock, but I don't think I would be able to reach focus with it.

#4 msl615

msl615

Viking 1

• Loc: Fairbanks, Alaska

Posted 28 March 2020 - 09:33 PM

You just need to order a simple T2 extension tube (male/female ends) to make the adapter from AgenaAstro long enough. You can get them in all sorts of lengths. I keep a box of them with different lengths so that I can mix n match them for what I need. 

Mike

• BeltofOrion likes this

#5 bridgman

bridgman

Apollo

• -----

Posted 28 March 2020 - 09:35 PM

AFAIK it shouldn't be a problem unless you are using a focal reducer, where backspacing is really important.

Worst case you would just need to add some T-thread extension rings.

BTW I mentioned using your existing T-ring - not sure if the Celestron T-adapter is 42mm or 48mm but worth checking.

Edited by bridgman, 28 March 2020 - 09:36 PM.

• BeltofOrion likes this

#6 BeltofOrion

BeltofOrion

Viking 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 28 March 2020 - 10:04 PM

AFAIK it shouldn't be a problem unless you are using a focal reducer, where backspacing is really important.

Worst case you would just need to add some T-thread extension rings.

BTW I mentioned using your existing T-ring - not sure if the Celestron T-adapter is 42mm or 48mm but worth checking.

I notice some of those adapters like you mentioned already have the Nikon T-Ring built in. By the way, the Celestron .7 focal reducer is not supposed to add anything to the back focus.

#7 BeltofOrion

BeltofOrion

Viking 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 28 March 2020 - 10:15 PM

You just need to order a simple T2 extension tube (male/female ends) to make the adapter from AgenaAstro long enough. You can get them in all sorts of lengths. I keep a box of them with different lengths so that I can mix n match them for what I need. 

Mike

Thanks. Mike. You wouldn't happen to have a link, I suppose? I've found lots on Amazon.com ... but they don't ship to Canada. And I can't find them on Amazon.ca.

Scratch that ... I just found them on Amazon.ca.

Thanks again.

Edited by BeltofOrion, 28 March 2020 - 10:17 PM.

#8 bridgman

bridgman

Apollo

• -----

Posted 28 March 2020 - 10:22 PM

IIRC I bought my extension rings from here:

https://www.ontariot...ions_c_421.html

• BeltofOrion likes this

#9 Carl N

Carl N

Surveyor 1

• Loc: San Diego, CA

Posted 29 March 2020 - 08:20 AM

Thanks. Mike. You wouldn't happen to have a link, I suppose? I've found lots on Amazon.com ... but they don't ship to Canada. And I can't find them on Amazon.ca.

Scratch that ... I just found them on Amazon.ca.

Thanks again.

I bet Agena Astro ships to CAN.

They are a great parts resource

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics