•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

TV Powermate x2,5 with DSLR

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 vvars

vvars

Vostok 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Kos, Greece

Posted 29 March 2020 - 07:45 AM

I'm currently using this barlow with a T-ring for Nikons to connect it to my DSLR and shoot through my signature telescope, cause else it isnt able to achieve focus:

https://www.astrosho...ab_bar_0_select

Im thinking of purchasing a Televue Powermate x2,5 due to its superior glass quality (i guess) than my existing barlow and to give a small boost to magn (from x2 to x2,5).

Do you think it has the same effect as my current barlow that is help me achieve focus on my dslr? Or powermates dont work this way?

Also i ve found i need this item:

https://www.astrosho...ab_bar_0_select

to connect to powermate, and this to my T-ring and DSLR, is my thinking correct?

#2 astro744

astro744

Viking 1

• -----

Posted 29 March 2020 - 11:12 AM

You will need the Tele Vue PTR-1250 to connect between the 2.5x or 5x Powermate and T-ring to assist in achieving correct focus and maintaining correct amplifying factor.

Note 2.5x and 5x Powermates are 1.25" only.  You may get vignetting depending on your camera sensor size.  The 2x and 4x Powermates are 2" and for the former you need the Tele Vue PTR-2200 adapter and for the latter you need the PTR-4201.

See http://www.televue.c...id=53&Tab=_back

• iamfurgus likes this

#3 vvars

vvars

Vostok 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 30 March 2020 - 05:58 AM

I ve read your link and have read some more before but still cant understand if it ll have the same effect as my current barlow that is help me achieve focus on my dslr or powermates dont work this way,

maybe im too noob for those technical matters. But powermates price + prt1250's isnt cheap for me to go for trial and error...

#4 vvars

vvars

Vostok 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 24 May 2020 - 11:01 AM

I saw in a seller's webpage the following image about the powermates:

PowermatePowerIncrease.jpg

Since i use a barlow to move focus point and achieve focus in my Dob/DSLR setup (cant reach focus without the barlow)

i was thinking to get a Powermate x2.5 to slightly enlarge framing.

Reading that image above i understand that maybe i have no gain in magnification with powermate.

Am i getting it right? Powermate x2.5 acts as x2 when focus goes back like in my case?  confused1.gif

#5 kej

kej

Explorer 1

Posted 18 September 2021 - 07:51 AM

Hi

Did you get your Powermate in the end and how are you getting on with it ?

K

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics