•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

What do you suggest?

accessories astrophotography binoculars cassegrain catadioptric dob equipment eyepieces lens making optics
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 LU1AR

LU1AR

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 31 March 2020 - 02:20 PM

I found at a garage sale, a lot of Super 8 film and video cameras (some with large lenses and zoom). In addition there are good photographic optics (lenses and adapters), some of good quality.
In addition to using the lenses as eyepieces, or to make finders; what other application can you think of?
In particular the internal elements of the film and VHS camcorders.
Any idea is welcome. Regards. Edgardo

#2 gregj888

gregj888

Vanguard

• -----
  • Loc: Oregon

Posted 31 March 2020 - 02:35 PM

I have a camera lens on the camera side of a couple of spectrometers (still in build, but common practice).

Have a telephoto that I've used as a seeing monitor (using the SW downloadable from SBIG).  Have tried several, all seem to work  70mm-200mm.

I also have a 135mm telephoto I hope to use as an electronic finder/guider.  Will switch to 200mm if needed.

All use the lenses "as is".  I use the Pentax threaded lenses for most, but others using extension tubes to get the mating mounts.

Edited by gregj888, 31 March 2020 - 04:00 PM.

• LU1AR likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: accessories, astrophotography, binoculars, cassegrain, catadioptric, dob, equipment, eyepieces, lens making, optics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics