•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Made up my mind

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Jond105

Jond105

Fly Me to the Moon

• Moderators
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Detroit

Posted 31 March 2020 - 06:39 PM

I think when this whole stuff is over, and I’m back to work, and everything is caught up, it’s time to upgrade the Versago ii to the Stellarvue M2C. It’s been calling my name a while and has to be so much better. Plus then I can mount the mak to have a better finderscope placement. 

#2 John Miele

John Miele

Soyuz

• Loc: North Alabama

Posted 31 March 2020 - 06:54 PM

I can vouch for the SV M2C! I recently mounted my TS130EDT refractor on my M2C and it was stable, vibrations damped out very fast, and still had easy smooth motion. The TS130 with diagonal, finder, and EP is pushing close to 25 lbs. 

Two caveats...1 use Celestorn VSPs under the tripod feet and 2. I have a very solid homebuilt oak tripod under the M2C.

• Jond105 likes this

#3 Jond105

Jond105

Fly Me to the Moon

• Moderators
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Detroit

Posted 31 March 2020 - 07:02 PM

I can vouch for the SV M2C! I recently mounted my TS130EDT refractor on my M2C and it was stable, vibrations damped out very fast, and still had easy smooth motion. The TS130 with diagonal, finder, and EP is pushing close to 25 lbs. 

Two caveats...1 use Celestorn VSPs under the tripod feet and 2. I have a very solid homebuilt oak tripod under the M2C.

I do have the VSPs. Though I’d probably save money and have the mount and extension fitted for my 1.75”’stainless steel tripod. Of course I’d love oak legs but that’s another purchase a long time away. Thanks for the vote of confidence. 

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics