•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Lunt LS60F filter different from LS60F DS filter?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 cimar

cimar

Explorer 1

• topic starter

Posted 02 April 2020 - 01:42 AM

Hi,

is the Lunt LS60F filter that you attach to a night time scope in combination with a blocking filter different from a LS60F double stack filter that you add to a dedicated Ha scope?

Thanks.

#2 dhkaiser

dhkaiser

Ranger 4

• -----

Posted 02 April 2020 - 08:00 AM

Don't believe so.  Read down the page...

https://luntsolarsys...h-alpha-filter/

#3 sunnyday

sunnyday

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Ottawa,Canada

Posted 02 April 2020 - 08:32 AM

I think you should call faye at lunt's.
I doubt that many of these telescopes are already sold and that anyone can summarize.

#4 Volvonium

Volvonium

Ranger 4

• Loc: Long Beach, CA

Posted 02 April 2020 - 11:29 PM

LS60FHA, when used with a Lunt blocking filter and appropriate adapter can be used to mount on the front objective of any telescope for h-alpha viewing.   The same part is also used as a front double stack on Lunt 60mm tilt tune and pressure tune scopes.  

It's the same part.  

The LS60FHA is very pricy because it's a huge 60mm front placed etalon.  The prebuilt 60mm h-alpha scopes from Lunt use a smaller 35mm internal etalon that cost less than piecing together an h-alpha scope out of a ls60fha, while having relatively similar performance.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics