•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Problem with my

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sunsina

sunsina

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 04 April 2020 - 02:47 PM

I have an old "Skywatcher Virtuoso  Heritage 90" mount and I would like to connect it into skyscan software via a controller or any hobby WiFi module.

As I investigated it seems that the TX/RX pins of the Virtuoso mount are electrically connected to each other, which I guess it makes the mount not controllable.

I would like to know if I can detach these two pins internally and make it to work via its COM port!?
In addition I would like to know if there is any manual on how to open the mount and reach the mount's PCB find the component that couples the TX/RX pins on the  PCB, !?
At last I want to know if the board firmware could handle the COM port commands or not.

(I took out the mount's PCB board and it is has following spec (serial/model) on the PCB.

HS c4  94V-O (1224) / SYNTA MC006 Rev. E  (2012.02)

Any help is really appreciated.
Thanks in advance

Edited by sunsina, 04 April 2020 - 05:06 PM.

#2 sg6

sg6

Cosmos

• Loc: Norfolk, UK.

Posted 04 April 2020 - 03:27 PM

Long time ago but I thought the scope could have a Synscan handset plugged in, although it may have been the more basic Syntrak one.

Seem to think it was "updatable" from the basic unit to a handset but maybe the handset was as said the basic Syntrak (L/R and U/D only). But what to is now an old memory.

Where are you?

A few in the UK bought the scope when it appeared, if I recall there were a couple of models - different scopes on it (???). Seem to think a small Mak (90 maybe) and a small reflector (130 maybe).

It is owing to the UK purchases and conversations that I think some form of handset was possible.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics