•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

When to Switch to Full Size Tile Tool after Hogging?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 msheald

msheald

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 05 April 2020 - 01:42 PM

Hello! I'm about to start a 10" f3 mirror (3/4" thick). I've got a 3" iron flange that I'll use to hog out the initial depth. The full sagitta is about 5.2mm

With my smaller, slower mirrors, I went to about 80% depth and then switched to a full-size tile tool. Is that a good rule of thumb when switching from the hogging tool to the tile tool? Best regards.

Mike

#2 Pinbout

Pinbout

ISS

Posted 05 April 2020 - 03:46 PM

Hello! I'm about to start a 10" f3 mirror (3/4" thick). I've got a 3" iron flange that I'll use to hog out the initial depth. The full sagitta is about 5.2mm

With my smaller, slower mirrors, I went to about 80% depth and then switched to a full-size tile tool. Is that a good rule of thumb when switching from the hogging tool to the tile tool? Best regards.

Mike

I have no problem doing that. 

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics