•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

NGC 2264 Cone/Cristmas Tree with Hypergraph 200 f3.2

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 maadscientist

maadscientist

Viking 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Atlanta, Georgia and Deerlick Astronomy Village

Posted 06 April 2020 - 10:38 PM

Here is ngc 2264, the Cone Nebula with the surrounding area called the Christmas Tree cluster. I rotated it so the tree is pretty obvious. This is a 10 stack blend with the 3.5 HAlpha and the OPT Quad filters. Taken March 25, 2020 with the Hypergraph 200F3.2 with a Sony A7s cooled and modified.

ngc2264ConeChristmasTreeHAlphaQuadBlendstack10DanLlewellynCN.jpg

• Starman27, skywatcher3000, calypsob and 6 others like this

#2 sunnyday

sunnyday

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Ottawa,Canada

Posted 06 April 2020 - 10:41 PM

very pretty and full of details.
thank you and well done.

#3 calypsob

calypsob

Fly Me to the Moon

Posted 06 April 2020 - 11:31 PM

Nicely done! How are you liking this scope? Do you need to collimate often? 

#4 Starman27

Starman27

Cosmos

• Moderators
  • Loc: Illinois, Iowa

Posted 07 April 2020 - 10:15 AM

Wonderful detail and color.

• maadscientist likes this

#5 maadscientist

maadscientist

Viking 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Atlanta, Georgia and Deerlick Astronomy Village

Posted 13 April 2020 - 06:13 PM

Nicely done! How are you liking this scope? Do you need to collimate often? 

I love this scope. It is really an imaging newtonian, because the primary is parabolic. There is a 4 element coma corrector reducer in the focuser drawtube. I had a Meade Schmidt newt 10 inch f4 that I never could get a proper coma corrector for, and besides, it was very large. The Meade was 1 meter focal length, and quite frankly, I prefer my Esprit 150 at f7 to image at 1 meter. The 200 Hypergraph is really the sweet spot on size. The carbon fiber tube contributes to it's reasonable weight, and it keeps things in focus longer as the temp drops. The stock focuser is fairly heavy duty, so I have not replaced it. Collimation is straight forward, I don't remove the corrector optics, just use a barlowed laser right through the glass. It has a built in heater plug on the back for the primary. Not sure if there is a heater in there! (assume so). Overall, the scope is great. Much better than I had anticipated. Carry case is nice too. The only drawback is it will not fully illuminate a full frame chip, some vignetting in the corners, but better than the RASA 11 that I own.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics