•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

LX85 Drivers

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dpcarriere

dpcarriere

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 07 April 2020 - 11:47 AM

I'm quite new to this so I'm on the steep learning curve. I'm trying to drive the LX85 mount with third party software, because I want to take a stab at Astrophotography, it's NINA to be exact. NINA doesn't see the drive and gives an error message that says the installed drivers are 32 bit and will not work with 64 bit NINA. These are ASCOM drivers. I've been to the ASCOM site many times and downloaded what I believe to be the correct drivers and latest platform but nowhere can I find drivers that say that they ARE 64 bit. Other softwares are also giving me issues with controlling the mount. So there seems to be issues with the drivers. I'm on a 64bit Win10 laptop. Can someone find them, dehydrate them, stuff 'em in an envelope and mail them to me? That would be so cool.

On the LX85 is an iOptron RC6 with a ZWO ASI120MC-S. I will be guiding by an Orion 8x50 Guide Scope with a ZWO ASI120MM Mini. Also stuck on the RC6 is an Orion 8x50 Spotter Scope.

Dale

#2 carolinaskies

carolinaskies

Vanguard

• Loc: Greenville SC

Posted 07 April 2020 - 06:29 PM

THis is on the NINA site, you need to download the other version and try it. 

>>>>>>>If you install N.I.N.A. in x64 architecture your ASCOM drivers will also need to be provided as x64. Unfortunately some manufacturer still do not provide x64 drivers. In case you are having trouble connecting to your equipment, please switch to the x86 version of N.I.N.A. or ask your manufacturer for x64 drivers.

#3 dpcarriere

dpcarriere

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 07 April 2020 - 07:48 PM

Thanks Paul. There are many reasons to preferring the 64 bit version of any software. So I'm going to hold out for just a bit more to see if someone pops up with a 64 bit solution. Someone elsewhere has suggested using the 64 bit EQMOD ASCOM driver but, once again, no Meade support. Thanks again for your input. If I find no solution then 32 bit it will be. But I will talk to the NINA support group.

Dale

#4 dpcarriere

dpcarriere

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 10 April 2020 - 03:58 PM

Well, I uninstalled the 64 bit version, rebooted to clear up any error messages and installed NINA 86, the 32 bit option. Reloaded the ASCOM drivers for Meade and lo and behold more error messages. This time the errors says that the drivers are incompatible with NINA 32 bit. Will someone who is working with NINA on a 64 bit Win 10 system show me how they got theirs to work. This is ridiculous.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics