•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Comet Atlas and Imaging

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Star Slinger

Star Slinger

Mariner 2

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Moscow, Idaho

Posted 07 April 2020 - 06:09 PM

Hi!

I want to go out and image Comet Atlas tonight. Please help me think through the best way to image it. I don’t know how to hook Stellarium up to my scope just yet, but I was wondering do I HAVE to do a 3 star align first? Then after am I able to just type in the RA and DEC into the hand controller?

Or can I get polar aligned using my polemaster and then platesolve my way there? There are too many possibilities please help lol.

I also have the option of my DSLR on my C8...do I have the ability to type the RA and DEC into my hand controller and do I have to be star aligned before doing so? Or can I just be polar aligned and then again type in RA and DEC and off I go? What’s the easiest way here? Thanks in advance.

Edited by Star Slinger, 07 April 2020 - 06:24 PM.

#2 scottmm2012

scottmm2012

Mariner 2

• -----

Posted 07 April 2020 - 06:27 PM

Polar Align, one star align, then platesolve to the RA DEC.

#3 Cfreerksen

Cfreerksen

Apollo

• Loc: Tooele, Ut

Posted 07 April 2020 - 06:54 PM

If you platesolve then you are fine. If you don't do platesolving yet, do a 3 star and then put in the coordinates RA and DEC of the present position of the comet. I used theskylive.com to find coordinates for the time I was imaging. It worked great. Caught my first comet dead center.

https://drive.google...iew?usp=sharing

Chris

Edited by Cfreerksen, 07 April 2020 - 06:56 PM.

#4 Domtbol

Domtbol

Sputnik

• -----

Posted 08 April 2020 - 02:38 AM

Dont want to burst your bubble but it has faded recently and there is a possibility that is breaking up ... sorry , hope they are wrong

http://cara.uai.it/d...-c2019-y4-atlas

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics