I tried my hand at my first solar animation today! Each frame is best 50 of 500 taken approximately every minute for an hour (15:30-16:30 CDT 8 Apr 2020).
Lunt LS80, AVX, 3x Barlow, ASI174MM, Firecapture, AS3!, imPPG, Photoshop
Seeing was 2/5 (give or take)
Today was mostly a workflow exercise. Firecapture would hang up on me occasionally which was quite annoying...I had to restart the autorun on it every few attempts. It would just not start when the time was up...it would say "100%" but not actually capture anything. I didn't realize imPPG could align and photoshop's autoalign wasn't working for me well so I got about halfway through manually aligning the frames before I realized imPPG could do it. Additionally, my photoshop work could use a better touch to make the frames more consistent.
Overall I'm SUPER pleased with the attempt.
Edited by PilotAstronomy, 08 April 2020 - 11:34 PM.