The mount is a standard-looking T-type mount (made in China) no brand label, but similar to Orion's Skyview Pro AZ mount. Problem: The azimuth motion had developed some slack and slippage. So i took it apart. I saw that someone had already been into it once I opened it. The axis is held snug by cinching down the metal ring in the images.
This is the mount. The top part of the "T" is removed by loosening off three equi-spaced allen set-screws. Once it's off, you can see the locking ring for the alt-az axis, it has two holes on either side of the top for a tool to lock into it to tighter or loosen it. The ring is also held in place with a small allen set-screw going into the side. You loosen the tiny allen set-screw before you rotate the ring itself with the two-pin tool. You must remove one of the three allen azimuth part set-screws in order to access the small allen set-screw holding the ring in-place. I didn't have the tool so I made one using a piece of wood and two wood-screws driven though it to facilitate a ring-rotator. The ring rotated no more than 45 degrees clockwise to tighten-down.
In my opinion, the weak point of the head is the use of just one tiny allen set-screw to hold the ring in-place. There should be three of them to really make sure it stays put.
To their credit, the bearing surface is basically a teflon ring rotating around an anodized aluminum shaft and it works well. I've got two of these mounts and when working they function very well and can take considerable telescope weight.
Edited by RichA, 09 April 2020 - 08:51 PM.