•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

New Camera Same Scope Egg Shaped Stars Around Edges

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Danweis1

Danweis1

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Tucson, AZ

Posted 09 April 2020 - 11:43 PM

Hello Everyone.

I just got a new camera, an ASI071 Pro, replacing an ASI183MC Pro. I changed nothing except the camera and tonight was first light for the new camera. As I started looking at subs I noticed all the stars around about 30% of the permitter were egg shaped, all oriented from the center out toward the edges. All the subs are the same regardless of target. So I know it isn't a guiding issue. Even used two different capture programs, NINA and SharpCap. No difference.

Same equipment except for the camera change. ZWO says the two camera have the same back focus (55mm). Just unscrewed the 183MC from the focal reducer and screwed the 071 Pro back on.

StellarVue SV80 Access, StellarVue .8 FR/FF. 

Any Ideas?

Thanks

#2 scadvice

scadvice

Surveyor 1

• Vendors
  • Loc: Lodi, California

Posted 09 April 2020 - 11:58 PM

Yes the total BF is 55mm. But it's an easy fix if you didn't adjust for camera's sensor set back. The ZWO183 is 6.5mm and the ZWO071 because of the tilt adjust plate is 17.5mm. With the 071 you need to take the 11mm spacer out then your back at a total of 55mm BF.

Edited by scadvice, 10 April 2020 - 12:02 AM.

• bobzeq25 and Deesk06 like this

#3 Danweis1

Danweis1

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Tucson, AZ

Posted 10 April 2020 - 09:19 AM

Thank you very much!

Dan

• scadvice likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics