•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Renting Pollution Filters

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Prima Luna

Prima Luna

Ranger 4

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1

Posted 10 April 2020 - 02:26 AM

I'm reading a lot about LP night working on in areas where LED lights are nearby... but could still work if the LED lights emit light that are described as being more warm (yellow instead of pure white or blue)?

I prefer to use my setup in the back yard (total privacy) , but the front yard has a more warmer street light.

My back yard has a street light in both corners (right up to my property), but the front yard has only in front yard (in the corner).  

So thinking the filter may help better in the front yard.

Are there any places that rent LP filters so we can try them out before making a purchase?  Some of these seem pricey so would be nice to try them out.

Or are there ways to figure out without needing to try them, to see if it will help out?

#2 Cometeer

Cometeer

Vanguard

• Loc: SF Bay Area, California or Illinois

Posted 10 April 2020 - 02:31 AM

What I like to do is purchase it used and then sell it for around what I paid if it doesn’t fit my needs. The cost of trial is simply shipping fees. 

• Jon Isaacs and csa/montana like this

#3 RyanSem

RyanSem

Apollo

• Loc: Lancaster, PA

Posted 11 April 2020 - 09:21 AM

I don't know of any place that does trials, but like cometeer said, what I'd recommend is buying used off the classifieds here and if you don't like it you can typically sell it for the same price. They are so small and cheap that they'll ship first class mail through usps, so shipping would only be five bucks or so.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics