•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

New Ascom Driver for Sony Mirrorless

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 manoss27

manoss27

Explorer 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: GREECE

Posted 08 May 2020 - 09:58 AM

Check here https://github.com/d...meraDriver/wiki 

No need Sony remote app and is very fast!

Sony a7 III also work.

Edited by manoss27, 08 May 2020 - 09:59 AM.

#2 kec

kec

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 09 May 2020 - 05:37 PM

I would have tried it but Norton is quarantining the file after download.

Thank you for your effort. I'd like to learn more.

#3 manoss27

manoss27

Explorer 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: GREECE

Posted 14 May 2020 - 12:00 AM

Ignore Norton file it’s ok.

#4 kec

kec

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 06 June 2020 - 12:41 PM

Any idea why the ASCOM diagnostics program cannot open camera properties?

I get a dialog box saying:

Driver setup method failed: "ASCOM.SonyMirrorless.Camera"

An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007000B)

I haven't yet figured out how to build the code with Microsoft Visual Studio 2019 Community Edition so I have not yet tried to debug this myself.

Added later:

This is with the Windows 10, the latest download, and ASCOM Platform 6.5 RC2 and 6.4 SP1.

Two different Sony models are recognized by SonyCameraInfo.exe and I see "device already known" for each.

Edited by kec, 06 June 2020 - 05:33 PM.

#5 sreenisatish

sreenisatish

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 07 September 2020 - 08:52 PM

Any idea why the ASCOM diagnostics program cannot open camera properties?

I get a dialog box saying:

Driver setup method failed: "ASCOM.SonyMirrorless.Camera"

An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007000B)

I haven't yet figured out how to build the code with Microsoft Visual Studio 2019 Community Edition so I have not yet tried to debug this myself.

Added later:

This is with the Windows 10, the latest download, and ASCOM Platform 6.5 RC2 and 6.4 SP1.

Two different Sony models are recognized by SonyCameraInfo.exe and I see "device already known" for each.

I had the same issue and was able to solve it. The issue is with 32 bit vs 64 bit. For this driver, only 32 bit version is released. If you are using NINA and downloaded the 64 bit version of NINA, then it will try to use the 64 bit driver and will cause the above error. You would unfortunately download the 32 bit NINA application and then it will work. 

#6 hotellonely

hotellonely

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 16 September 2020 - 10:34 AM

I had the same issue and was able to solve it. The issue is with 32 bit vs 64 bit. For this driver, only 32 bit version is released. If you are using NINA and downloaded the 64 bit version of NINA, then it will try to use the 64 bit driver and will cause the above error. You would unfortunately download the 32 bit NINA application and then it will work. 

Sadly 32bit NINA don't "actually" support A7R4, because the large RAW file will deplete the tiny memory space of a 32bit program. I can't even take a second shot after first shot, which is both hilarious and sad lol.gif  

However APT worked fine, guess I gotta go that way now;)

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics