•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

ASCOM.DSLR - ASCOM driver for dslr cameras (Canon, Nikon, Pentax, Sony)

astrophotography CMOS ccd dslr
  • Please log in to reply
401 replies to this topic

#401 FearL0rd

FearL0rd

Mariner 2

• topic starter
  • Loc: Houston, TX Area

Posted 30 June 2020 - 08:37 AM

So last nights test did not go so well. Attempted to PA in SC with my Canon T3i in Live View. It was identifying stars and selecting the minimum required 15 to move to the next step, but it would not solve. I selected numerous exposure lengths and frame rate limits to the same result. I then tried to do it the old fashioned way and cleared the ASCOM dslr profile after closing SC and resetting the profile to default. Reopening SC and selecting the ASCOM driver would not connect to the camera. Not sure why it had those problems because I have went back and forth between Live View and default exposure view before with no problems.

**Unfortunately, I didn't set the error logging to trace, so I have no log to provide.

Tonight is another clear night and I will try again from scratch, with trace logging enabled.

Has anyone else tried to PA in SC with success using a Canon DSLR? If so what were your SC settings?

I had posted here a process to go <> live view and the new version has a profile cleaner. please take a look in the wiki.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

#402 scottmm2012

scottmm2012

Mariner 2

• -----

Posted 30 June 2020 - 09:19 AM

Yes, FearL0rd, I did your process and have the latest driver.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: astrophotography, CMOS, ccd, dslr

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics