•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Meade AudioStar

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 davidneu84

davidneu84

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 18 May 2020 - 09:57 AM

Hi there,

I recently bought a Meade LX-65 ACF-SC 203/2032 UHTC GoTo with AudioStar. There's always a malfunction if I try to start a guided
tour (tonight's best). If I try so, the computer does not work any
> longer and I have to switch it off. How can I fix this problem? Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks, greetings
David

#2 carolinaskies

carolinaskies

Vanguard

• Loc: Greenville SC

Posted 18 May 2020 - 12:09 PM

First try a RESET through the menu system and see if that clears the problem.  You'll have to go back through and train drives, etc, but it's the first thing I'd try. 
Second, reflashing the firmware may address the problem.   Check over with the StarPatch GPS website and download their installer and hook your LX65 to up to your computer.  

#3 Piet Le Roux

Piet Le Roux

Mariner 2

• Loc: Bloemfontein, South Africa

Posted 18 May 2020 - 12:39 PM

Hi there,

I recently bought a Meade LX-65 ACF-SC 203/2032 UHTC GoTo with AudioStar. There's always a malfunction if I try to start a guided
tour (tonight's best). If I try so, the computer does not work any
> longer and I have to switch it off. How can I fix this problem? Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks, greetings
David

Good day David,

It sounds as if your tours has become corrupted, reloading the firmware is not going to solve the problem because the tours are part of your user data, and is not contained in the firmware, what firmware is on your Audiostar? Do not try and reload your tours with Autostar updater because its not compatible with the Audiostar controller, in fact trying to load tours to the Audiostar via Autostar updater leads to corrupted tours. Your best bet is to load patched firmware and then update your tours with the MyScope software. The MyScope software checks for any errors in the tours before it is loaded to the Audiostar. I have been writing tours and modifying existing tours using MyScope software for a few years now, I have changed the "tonight's best" to the " Southerns best" with southern hemisphere objects. I have three controllers and I like them to contain the same user data so if I update tours,comets,satellites or asteroids on one I do the same with the other two, MyScope is the only way to do it with a Audiostar.

PS I have copies of most of the Meade tours if you need any             

Edited by Piet Le Roux, 18 May 2020 - 12:49 PM.

#4 OzAndrewJ

OzAndrewJ

Gemini

Posted 18 May 2020 - 04:05 PM

Gday David

As Piet noted, Meades ASU simply does not work properly for user data or tours etc with Audiostars.

( Meade changed the processor type in the 497EP/Audiostars,

but didnt modify the way ASU formats data properly, hence it gets corrupted for the Audiostars )

If you want to edit your user info, or load tours, you need to use my app ( MyScope )

and if you want to do it without needing to go into download mode,

you also need to install the patched firmware via the StarPatch site.

Andrew Johansen Melbourne Australia

#5 davidneu84

davidneu84

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 19 May 2020 - 03:32 AM

First of all, thank you for your fast help. I tried to reset the system several times with no success. The handbox always freezes when I try to start the tour. I can scroll down through the planets, but after that (when the deep sky objects should start, I guess), the system shows no reaction. So the solution would be a connection to the computer. Since I've got no cable yet, I contacted my retailer's customer service for help in terms of connecting or fixing the problem. The telescope was bought a few weeks ago, so there's hopefully a solution.

Greetings, David

• Piet Le Roux likes this

#6 davidneu84

davidneu84

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 19 May 2020 - 01:42 PM

Piet, sorry about forgetting your question - the firmware is © 18 497EP A4S2 AudioStar.

David
  • Piet Le Roux likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics