•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

8" LX90 Autoguide scope and camera question

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 jkudz

jkudz

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 18 May 2020 - 10:37 AM

Hi all. New to cloudy nights and hoping I can get some direction from you guys. I'm going to be consolidating my starsenal and selling my Zhumell Z12 and Celestron 130SLT and upgrading to the 8" LX90. I've done a decent amount of astrophotography with my current telescopes and a Canon 5D Mark III and a Windows XP-era Celestron NexImage webcam.  Budget is kinda tight but I'd like to get an appropriate, but not bank-breaking, guide scope and camera. I've looked at the ZWO ASI120 & 290 with various guide scopes as well as the multitude of off-axis guider options. From what I've been reading, guide cameras with larger sensors are better for off-axis guiders, but may make less of a practical difference when used through a guide scope. 

Does anyone have any recommendations for guide setups for this specific scope? I'm still in the early research/planning phase but am already finding myself getting a little overwhelmed with the technical variations out there and how they relate to the specs of the 8" LX90.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks!

Jarrod 

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics