•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Astronomers in Amigos del Cielo?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 meking64

meking64

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 18 May 2020 - 09:12 PM

I am considering locating an observatory in the Amigos del Cielo development in Rodeo NM. Does anyone on Cloudy Nights have an observatory there? I would like to know their thoughts on the development, are they satisfied with their purchase there? Are there any major issues with the covenants? What are the owners like and what is there long term vision of the development? Any major drawbacks to owning there?

Any information on Amigos del Cielo that folks may pass on is appreciated regardless whether you live there or just know some things.

Thanks,

Mike

#2 Chucke

Chucke

Viking 1

• Loc: AZ

Posted 19 May 2020 - 03:35 PM

I don't live there but I'm a few miles up the road on the AZ side.  There are several observatories there. The folks from there I have met are good people. I know of one astronomer there who is on CN.  His handle is honybeeman.  I first met him on CN.  You might be able to contact him for details. Another guy you may be able to track down is Randy Norrick.  He used to be a local real estate agent and is involved with one of the observatories.  I don't think he is on CN.

#3 CCD-Freak

CCD-Freak

Vendor - Portable Observatories

• Vendors
  • Loc: Whitesboro,Texas

Posted 28 May 2020 - 11:23 AM

I have been looking around that area to see what is available.....I will be watching this thread with interest.

John Love

CCD-Freak

WD5IKX

Edited by CCD-Freak, 28 May 2020 - 11:26 AM.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics