•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Feathertouch 3035 grub screw?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Eigen

Eigen

Vostok 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 19 May 2020 - 12:01 PM

Hi,

Does anyone happen to know off-hand what size the two grub screws located on the pinion assembly on the 3035 focusers are? Searching the internet has resulted in zero success.

I managed to lose one several nights ago. I sent a message to Starlight, but it has been a couple days. As I am sure that they are busy with the current Covid situation, I thought I would ask on the forum just incase anyone has been in the same situation.

Thanks in advance,

Eigen

Edited by Eigen, 19 May 2020 - 12:03 PM.

#2 skybsd

skybsd

Aurora

Posted 19 May 2020 - 12:27 PM

Hello Eigen, 

Good to hear from you.., 

Hi,

Does anyone happen to know off-hand what size the two grub screws located on the pinion assembly on the 3035 focusers are? Searching the internet has resulted in zero success.

I managed to lose one several nights ago. I sent a message to Starlight, but it has been a couple days. As I am sure that they are busy with the current Covid situation, I thought I would ask on the forum just incase anyone has been in the same situation.

Thanks in advance,

Eigen

SI are around and are working - you might want to simply give them a ring. 

I actually heard from Wayne earlier this AM, so for sure they'll be happy to help., 

Best., 

skybsd 

• Eigen likes this

#3 Eigen

Eigen

Vostok 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 19 May 2020 - 03:27 PM

Hello Eigen, 

Good to hear from you.., 

SI are around and are working - you might want to simply give them a ring. 

I actually heard from Wayne earlier this AM, so for sure they'll be happy to help., 

Best., 

skybsd 

Hello Skybsd, likewise. :) The extra time I have had on my hand in the past weeks has reinvigorated my desire to observe the skies, so expect to see a bit more of me on here, especially if these cloudy nights continue.

Just had an email exchange with Wayne @ Starlight, very prompt responses, great customer services. The threads on the pinion assembly are 8/32, in case anyone else needs to find the specifications in the future.

Regards,

Rok

• eros312 likes this

#4 peleuba

peleuba

Vanguard

• Loc: North of Baltimore, MD

Posted 20 May 2020 - 08:20 AM

The threads on the pinion assembly are 8/32, in case anyone else needs to find the specifications in the future.

Any chance you could post a photo of the screws/pinion?  

Thanks in advance.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics