•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

looking for beta testers C9.25 EAF direct motorized bracket

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 frito

frito

Vendor - M51 Astro

• Vendors
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Fremont, CA

Posted 19 May 2020 - 06:24 PM

Hi all and I hope this is allowed but i'm developing a 3D printed ZWO EAF bracket and coupler system to directly control mirror focus on newer Celestron SCT's (RASAs of same size are identical as well!)  I do think based off info i can find this should work on at least some C6, all C8 and of course C9.25's but am unsure about C11-14's (somewhat doubtful)  currently the only way to do this is to buy a Feather touch focuser for your SCT then get the FTF bracket from ZWO direct for the EAF and this is expensive and there is actually zero benefit in the feathertouch focuser anyways at this point as you remove the knobs and no longer can use the fine focus for manual use so its a huge waste of money just to connect a motor to focuser screw. 

anyways here it is 

IMG_20200519_155106 (Large).jpg

Dimensions hole to hole are 28mm if yours differs let me know and i will design a new bracket to match.

28mmCtC (Large).jpg

it only requires you remove the rubber knob off the focuser exposing the brass ring which should measure 12.7mm in diameter (1/2")  and remove all 3 screws that hold the stock mech in place, we retain the stock hold down/centering rings and just mount the 3D printed bracket on top of it with longer M3 screws.

if you have a scope other than a CPC/Evo/etc 9.25 (i already own) and would like to test it out for me let me know and ill print and send you this to test and of course if it works great for you its free to keep smile.gif

Thanks

Dwayne

#2 Kaydubbed

Kaydubbed

Mariner 2

• Loc: Kansas City, Missouri

Posted 26 May 2020 - 08:56 PM

I have an Edge 11 and an EAF. I'd be happy to test it out. I currently use a Moonlite CHL with the EAF ziptied and velroed so I can't say I'd be too shy to try out your bracket.

#3 greyberry

greyberry

Lift Off

• -----
  • Loc: Stow, MA

Posted 10 June 2020 - 12:31 PM

Hi Dwayne!

Thank you for doing this! How is the testing going? The issue you’ve described (need to get feather touch) is exactly the reason I am hesitant to make a purchase. My scope is SCT 9.25 which I think you already tested, but it will be great to learn the feasibility aspect which will help to make a decision.

BR,

Sergey

#4 dburg30

dburg30

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 24 July 2020 - 10:36 AM

Guessing you're wanting to eventually sell these?  Or are you just helping the astro community and would be willing to give out the STL?

Have an 8" celestron with normal focuser.

• Don W likes this

#5 lasvideo

lasvideo

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: Las Vegas

Posted 30 September 2020 - 12:35 PM

I guess he decided not to make them.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics