•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Disappointed with Vixen A105MII. Alternatives?

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#51 Nippon

Nippon

Gemini

• Loc: Central Florida

Posted 25 May 2020 - 07:14 PM

I really suggest you put a quality star diagonal in it or go straight through, if it will come to focus straight through and star test it after it has had at least an hour to settle down. And look at a star at least 60 degrees above the horizon. Bad seeing can make a good scope show a bad star test. Both my ED 103s an the A105M star tested better than my Stellarvue SV102T triplet or my Tele Vue 85 doublet.

#52 gamma_ari

gamma_ari

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Berlin, Germany

Posted 26 May 2020 - 07:34 AM

I really suggest you put a quality star diagonal in it or go straight through, if it will come to focus straight through and star test it after it has had at least an hour to settle down. And look at a star at least 60 degrees above the horizon. Bad seeing can make a good scope show a bad star test. Both my ED 103s an the A105M star tested better than my Stellarvue SV102T triplet or my Tele Vue 85 doublet.

Thank you, I feel encouraged not to give up on Vixen. As for this particular OTA, I returned it to the vendor after a straight-through star test failed (see my post above). In the meantime I bought a used A80M, can't wait to get it.

• donadani and 25585 like this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics