•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

ES 102ED Lens in Cell needs an OTA

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 EricCCD

EricCCD

Vanguard

• topic starter

Posted 20 May 2020 - 10:18 PM

Hello,

I have an ES 102ED lens in cell that I bought last year with rather high hopes.

Ideally, I'd like to Borg-ify this lens cell - adapt it so I can thread it to the body of my Borg 76ED. Hutech used to sell a package deal: their 80-series tube with both a 76ED and a 100Ach objective for appropriate purposes. My best case scenario would be to craft an adapter (with the proper help of a machinist) that will thread onto the Borg's tube.

Lacking that (especially in these pandemic times), I'm looking for other relatively easy options to mount the lens onto a refractor body.

Options:

Swap out the objective of an ES AR102 with the lens I already have (question is, are the AR102 and 102ED lens cells even compatible)?

Otherwise, I presume this is an ATM-type project, though I am not sure where to begin.

Would anyone know if the ES AR102 and ES 102ED lens cells are swappable?

Otherwise, any pointers where to start?

If this topic makes better sense in the ATM forum, moderators please move.

Thanks,

Eric

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics