•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

William Optics Gran Turismo Type IV?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Epox75

Epox75

Mariner 2

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Geleen - Netherlands

Posted 22 May 2020 - 08:37 AM

Hello everyone, 

a while ago I've made a post about my intention to buy a second hand GT81 Type II from a shop. I received the scope, it had mechanical problem with the focuser so I returned it. I found an agreement with the shop to get a new William Optics GT81 Type III plus a flattener 6A III by paying a little extra and I had to wait for its delivery from William Optics. 

The shop received the scope but I still have to wait for the flattener to arrive. The shop's owner wrote me that he thinks it's a new version because the box states GT81 IV and that he doesn't know what the improvements are compared to the type III. I tried to look on google but I couldn't find any information. 

At this point I am wondering if there's a type IV flattener too. 

Sorry for the lack of extra information but this is all I got at the moment and I will not be able to see the scope for another couple of weeks or even more. Also the shop doesn't want to open the box because I want it untouched from WO to my home smile.gif

Does anyone know anything about this?

Clear Skies,

Andrea 

Edited by Epox75, 22 May 2020 - 09:44 AM.

#2 Epox75

Epox75

Mariner 2

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 23 May 2020 - 05:53 AM

The lack of answers makes me wonder what my vendor did smoke before sending me the email about the scope lol.gif. Time will tell...

Edited by Epox75, 23 May 2020 - 05:54 AM.

#3 junomike

junomike

Hubble

• Moderators
  • Loc: Ontario

Posted 23 May 2020 - 07:51 AM

Couldn't find any reference to a Type IV and the standard GT81 (Type III) looks to be sold out and discontinued so I'm not sure what the Vendor is sending you...

#4 Epox75

Epox75

Mariner 2

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 23 May 2020 - 10:47 AM

Couldn't find any reference to a Type IV and the standard GT81 (Type III) looks to be sold out and discontinued so I'm not sure what the Vendor is sending you...

The shop it's trustworthy for sure that I know, it's the main seller of Celestron and WO here in the Netherlands. The owner just told me what's written on the box.

I think you mean the type II as discontinued :https://williamoptic...gran-turismo-81

The type III is simply reported as out of stock:

https://williamoptic...tented-included

Edited by Epox75, 23 May 2020 - 10:52 AM.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics