•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

My first observing session of 2020

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 star drop

star drop

contra contrail

• Moderators
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Snow Plop, NY

Posted 22 May 2020 - 09:16 AM

Last night at 10:45 p.m. I went outside with my 15x70 binoculars and easily saw a very nice, large globular cluster, M4. All across the sky the stars were scintillating wildly even up to the zenith. The brighter stars were blobs that had their light separated into red, white and blue while the dimmer ones were more point like but still extremely colorful. It appears that the stars have the corona virus.

The temperature was 60°F and we had a 20+ mile per hour wind from the south which was loaded with pollen.

Last night was also different in that I did not have to worry about tripping over our cat.

Some ninny killed her with their vehicle over a week ago and never stopped or reported the incident, as is required by New York State motor vehicle law. We heard the "thump" from inside our house even though our windows were closed because it was cold outside.

• Procyon, Gostock, Codbear and 1 other like this

#2 sunnyday

sunnyday

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Ottawa,Canada

Posted 22 May 2020 - 09:21 AM

I feel sad for the loss of your cat.
take care and stay safe ted.

• csa/montana likes this

#3 Dave Mitsky

Dave Mitsky

ISS

• Moderators
  • Loc: PA, USA, Planet Earth

Posted 22 May 2020 - 10:43 AM

Sorry to hear that, Ted.

#4 alphatripleplus

alphatripleplus

World Controller

• Moderators
  • Loc: Georgia

Posted 23 May 2020 - 04:43 PM

I am really sorry to hear that. You had mentioned your cat was a faithful observing companion. My condolences to you for your loss, Ted.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics