•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

William Optics ZenithStar 81mm f/6.9 Doublet Apo Refractor Question

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bslayter

bslayter

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Ohio

Posted 22 May 2020 - 10:22 PM

This scope was back ordered for me but is going to be shipped real soon and was thinking of buying a few Explore Scientific eye pieces for this scope. I have never used any of their eye pieces. The scope comes with a  WO 50 mm uniguide scope and field flattener. Any suggestions of ES eye pieces to would work well with this scope?

Going to use this scope with my new Explore Scientific EXOS2-GT Equatorial Mount with PMC-Eight GoTo System soon and was excited about getting this scope. I wanted to get a bigger WO scope but money wasn't in the works right now. Any suggestions would be appreciated 

#2 scadvice

scadvice

Surveyor 1

• Vendors
  • Loc: Lodi, California

Posted 22 May 2020 - 11:13 PM

I have had this basic set of mounted 1 1/4" eyepieces for over 30 years now and would never think of selling them. I'd even sell all my 2" eyepieces first.''

https://www.edmundop...yepieces/12484/

#3 drd715

drd715

Messenger

• -----
  • Loc: Fort Lauderdale

Posted 23 May 2020 - 01:30 AM

The  Explore Scientific 92* eyepieces are hig contrast sharp units. 17mm and 12mm. Unfortunately they are expensive. Im loving the 17mm for a fairly wide view in a shorter focal length scope and nice eye relief too.  I've enjoyed using for years a meade 14mm uwa (the older japan one not the newer series) and these can be had in the classifieds for about $175. The  Pentax XL series is very good also.

#4 Auburn80

Auburn80

Apollo

Posted 23 May 2020 - 09:11 AM

For many, the 68° line hits a nice spot for price/performance. A minimum selection in what ever you choose IMHO would be a High, Medium and Low. Target around 160 at the high end, 80 for mid (and a comfortable 1mm exit pupil) and 30-35 for the low.
Good Luck!

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics