•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

N.I.N.A. and Canon setup

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Grimlock

Grimlock

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 22 May 2020 - 10:27 PM

Im having trouble figuring out how to get my image to show up on any of the screens in NINA. Just single shots. I can find them in my desktop folder I’ve setup. Can view them too. I something simple I’m sure. I’m mainly trying to setup this new program so that I can plate solve with the canon. Hopefully without internet connection like sharpcap.

#2 S.Boerner

S.Boerner

Apollo

• Loc: Chesterfield, MO

Posted 22 May 2020 - 10:50 PM

Are you saying that SharpCap needs an internet connection to plate solve images?

It doesn't other than to download the solving program (astroTortilla/Ansvr/ASPS/ASTAP) and the correct index files.  While I'm not a NINA user I suspect the same would be true for it.

#3 Grimlock

Grimlock

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 22 May 2020 - 11:24 PM

It does not. But it does not work with canon cameras. So I am trying nina to hopefully make that happen. Just cannot get the images on the screen/user interface of nina

#4 mtc

mtc

Ranger 4

• -----
  • Loc: Chelmsford, MA

Posted 23 May 2020 - 07:49 AM

It has always worked with my Canon T5i. Got a couple of hours of clear skies last night. Here's what I did:
Run a sequence (even if with 1 shot), enable slew and recenter. Start the sequence, it takes the picture, downloads it, plate solves and slews the scope to center the object.

#5 BobE102330

BobE102330

Sputnik

• -----

Posted 23 May 2020 - 08:47 AM

NINA plate solves for me with a Canon as MTC said. Be sure you’ve got the correct focal length entered.

ASTAP is great - usually solves about as quickly as the image renders on screen gif me. Just download the program and libraries, tell NINA where it is and you’re good to go.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics