•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Spring galaxies

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Quinnipiac Monster

Quinnipiac Monster

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 23 May 2020 - 07:54 AM

Hi all,

I am mostly an observer of planets, and anyway I live under a 3 mag sky but from time to time I drive to darker sites and give a try to some deep-sky object.

A couple of nights ago I sketched those three. One is pretty obvious, as for the other two they are objects in the Virgo cluster that caught my attention. I don't know what they are exactly, I was not aiming for specific objects - just wandering around in the area in search of nice views. I wonder if the weird one in the middle might be Markarian's chain as (kind of) seen through a way too small telescope and too bright sky?

My telescope is a newton 10" f/7, a beast on planets but definitely challenged that night. I sketched with regular crayons and blending stumps, then inverted colors with GIMP. M51 was sketched last and the paper absorbed some moisture (also posted in sketching).

Attached Thumbnails

• M51inv.jpg
  • IMG_20200522_112355.jpg
  • IMG_20200522_112438small.jpg

Edited by Quinnipiac Monster, 23 May 2020 - 07:58 AM.

• KidOrion, Cames, cookjaiii and 2 others like this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics