•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

ZWO Shipping from China

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 volentj

volentj

Lift Off

• topic starter

Posted 23 May 2020 - 09:13 AM

Does anyone have any recent shipping time experience from ZWO China?  I ordered a camera and bag from ZWO in the beginning of April and.  ZWO shipped it the next day but it has been in "Origin Post is Preparing Shipment -> We have received notice that the originating post is preparing to dispatch this mail piece.  "  since the beginning of April.  I contacted ZWO and they said the had no control over the shipping and it could be another 2 or 3 months with the COVID19.  I expected delays but not that long.  

#2 sc285

sc285

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: Northeastern KS

Posted 23 May 2020 - 09:33 AM

Don't know about ZWO but I ordered some other item that came out of China back the middle of March. They shipped out 2 days later. Second week of April (month later) I still had not received the item, and postal notices said it was "preparing shipment" and it was stuck in Chino CA.. First of May I gave up and requested refund of money from vendor since I never received it and figured lost in the mail. Two days ago, May 21, I get this small package in the mail. It was the item I ordered, which arrived 2-1/2 months later. Notified the vendor but since the transaction was deemed "closed", they said just to "keep it on them". It was less than $20 so I figured it was their way of keeping good will. 

#3 jmiller1001

jmiller1001

Mariner 2

• Loc: Bay Area, CA

Posted 23 May 2020 - 09:52 AM

I had a similar issue with AliExpress and I just shipped a camera to ZWO/China last month and it cost $117 via DHL Express.  Here's the problem: Most of this small stuff comes to the US via air freight.  A decade ago, there were dedicated air freighters (think empty 747s).  Most of those dedicated freighters have been retired - so, the bulk of US/China and China/US air freight travels in the belly of commercial air planes.  With COVID19 travel restrictions and almost zero travel, the freight volume has been severely constrained and is being prioritized.  So, long waits are pretty typical today.  

#4 emflocater

emflocater

Apollo

• Loc: Clarkson, N.Y.

Posted 23 May 2020 - 09:54 AM

Ordered a pack of 10 special metric thumbscrews to replace the grub screws on a T-Mount Adapter Ring for Canon EOS. Order put in on April 22, 2020. Just received them yesterday May 22, 2020. So took 1 month from Hong Kong.

Cheers

Don

#5 ed_turco

ed_turco

Mercury-Atlas

• Loc: Lincoln, RI

Posted 23 May 2020 - 10:43 AM

Don't know about ZWO but I ordered some other item that came out of China back the middle of March. They shipped out 2 days later. Second week of April (month later) I still had not received the item, and postal notices said it was "preparing shipment" and it was stuck in Chino CA.. First of May I gave up and requested refund of money from vendor since I never received it and figured lost in the mail. Two days ago, May 21, I get this small package in the mail. It was the item I ordered, which arrived 2-1/2 months later. Notified the vendor but since the transaction was deemed "closed", they said just to "keep it on them". It was less than $20 so I figured it was their way of keeping good will. 

All they had to do is encourage you to ord;0

eder another eyepiece and not ship it and but re-bill you. You pay this invoice.  Paypal doesn't know or care if an eyepiece has been shipped.     

#6 tjay

tjay

Vanguard

• Loc: just outside of Toronto

Posted 25 May 2020 - 08:40 PM

I have an order from Agena yet to reach USPS three weeks after it "shipped". I am not blaming Agena but there are delays everywhere right now

Sent from my SM-T720 using Tapatalk

#7 Jethro7

Jethro7

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: N.W. Florida

Posted 25 May 2020 - 08:53 PM

Does anyone have any recent shipping time experience from ZWO China?  I ordered a camera and bag from ZWO in the beginning of April and.  ZWO shipped it the next day but it has been in "Origin Post is Preparing Shipment -> We have received notice that the originating post is preparing to dispatch this mail piece.  "  since the beginning of April.  I contacted ZWO and they said the had no control over the shipping and it could be another 2 or 3 months with the COVID19.  I expected delays but not that long.  

Hello, 

Im sorry to give you bad news but I had purchased a item from China, and it took 2 months. My understanding having purchased from China in the past. You will see the "Origin Post is preparing Shipment" until it reaches either Ca.or N.Y. and there it will sit for two Weeks in quarantine, Unless this has changed. My package sat in Atlanta Ga. For two weeks then it showed up two days later. If you used Ebay their Speed Pak is not speedy.

HAPPY SKIES AND KEEP LOOKING UP Jethro

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics