I've not found too much in the way of threads on this specific scope so I'm starting this one in hopes that those of us who own one (and we may indeed be few) can share our experiences with and photos of our scope.
Mine (photos below) has a few few upgrades/mods that I made before I took it out for its first night under the stars...
- Center spotted the primary with Catseye's Hotspot (already have set of their collimation tools)
- Installed Protostar FlockBoard along the full length of the tube
- Replaced the focuser with a Moonlight CR focuser
- Added a couple Farpoint lifting straps
- Added Bob's Knobs to the secondary holder.
So far I'm happy with it. There was an initial issue with the azimuth axis being too stiff, I mean really too stiff, to move manually but Orion has promised to send me a new one and I was able to improve this one a bit. The hand controller also had a problem with buttons not always registering but again, Orion sent a replacement and so far it's working.
I've got the Starseek WiFi module on the way and I'm anxious to see how that works out. If anyone is using that with SkySafari I'd like to know as I have a question.