•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

televue tele-pod mount wobbles - help please

mount
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 gerards

gerards

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 24 May 2020 - 09:46 AM

Can you help me with the televue Tele-pod mount.  The yoke wobbles between the two horizontal plates holding the base of the yoke.  There is too much space between these two plates, and as a result the yoke moves up and down when I am move the yoke to track or go to a new object.

The tele-pod is many years old and has the words "panoramic" on its side.  It fits onto my wooden tripod.

Please see the two videos and photo.

VID 20180608 152414
VID 20180608 152819
P1000201

Thanks

Gerard

#2 davidmcgo

davidmcgo

Gemini

• Loc: San Diego, CA

Posted 24 May 2020 - 03:54 PM

If you unscrew the black delrin piece in the middle, it will uncover a few holes with set screws in them.  Loosen the set screws and then tighten the top plate as you would a screw or knob.  Then retighten the set screws and reinstall the delrin hub.

Dave

Edited by davidmcgo, 24 May 2020 - 03:54 PM.

• Jon Isaacs likes this

#3 gerards

gerards

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 25 May 2020 - 03:57 AM

Thanks so much.  Now repaired and working.  So very happy.  Televue's instructions don't include anything about this. 

• Jon Isaacs likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mount

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics