•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Can SOMEBODY help poor, old Uncle Rod with CPWI?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 rmollise

rmollise

ISS

• topic starter

Posted 24 May 2020 - 04:10 PM

I've started using CPWI with my AVX, and it seems to be doing well (if the clouds would move out of the way, I could be sure of that). However, a joystick/gamepad seems a definite necessity, at least sometimes, just like with NexRemote. What I wanted to do was use my old Wireless Wingman rumblepad, which I've been using with NexRemote (for at least the last ten years or so, so the gamepad is definitely older). The program refuses to recognize the presence of the Wingman, alas. I can plug in an Xbox controller, and it picks it right up and works fine, but the Wingman? CPWI just sits there "scanning for gamepad." Would really like to use the Wingman.

Any tips about setting up a gamepad? It's not obvious to me how to change the slew speed of the scope when using the gamepad. I can set the virtual HC for "3," but the gamepad still seems to slew the scope at "9"...

Can somebody, anybody please help confused, old Uncle Rod?! confused1.gif

#2 N_DD

N_DD

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: East Germany

Posted 25 May 2020 - 04:30 AM

Hi,

I don't have any experience with CPWI, so I cannot help you directly, here is a link to a CN thread discussing this very issue

https://www.cloudyni...i-and-gamepads/

Hope it helps!

Nico

#3 rmollise

rmollise

ISS

• topic starter

Posted 25 May 2020 - 10:31 AM

Hi,

I don't have any experience with CPWI, so I cannot help you directly, here is a link to a CN thread discussing this very issue

https://www.cloudyni...i-and-gamepads/

Hope it helps!

Nico

Thanks. That at least gave me some pointers on configuring my Xbox gamepad. :)

#4 donstim

donstim

Mariner 2

• -----
  • Loc: Seattle Area, WA USA

Posted 25 May 2020 - 01:12 PM

Grasping at straws here, but could it be a driver problem? One instance of this was reported on the TeamCelestron website a while back and was solved by the user installing the official driver for his older gamepad rather that relying on the generic plug-n-play driver that Windows installed.

#5 rmollise

rmollise

ISS

• topic starter

Posted 25 May 2020 - 05:18 PM

Grasping at straws here, but could it be a driver problem? One instance of this was reported on the TeamCelestron website a while back and was solved by the user installing the official driver for his older gamepad rather that relying on the generic plug-n-play driver that Windows installed.

Hmmm...I guess that could be a possibility. I'll look around for a driver for my old joystick. Thanks.

#6 rmollise

rmollise

ISS

• topic starter

Posted 25 May 2020 - 05:23 PM

Well, I checked and the Logitech site says the original Wireless Wingman is not compatible with Win 10. bawling.gif

#7 Michael Covington

Michael Covington

Author

• Vendors
  • Loc: Athens, Georgia, USA

Posted 25 May 2020 - 07:00 PM

Rod, are you on teamcelestron.com?  I think you'd find it useful.

#8 rmollise

rmollise

ISS

• topic starter

Posted 26 May 2020 - 09:14 AM

Rod, are you on teamcelestron.com?  I think you'd find it useful.

HI Michael:

No...might consider joining that.

Thanks. 

#9 beammeup

beammeup

Mariner 2

• Loc: Straight of Gibraltar

Posted 28 May 2020 - 12:09 PM

Thanks. That at least gave me some pointers on configuring my Xbox gamepad. smile.gif

I am using the XBOX gamepad (model 1708), it gets detected by CPWI without problem, but some people (me included) are now having problems when trying to connect the controller via Bluetooth with windows 10 (it doesn't connect...) 

It seems that a recent Microsoft Windows 10 update messed things up.

Luckily my controller came with a xbox USB bluetooth adapter, which works very well. around $20 on Amazon.

1534506357_1426019.jpg

Or you can try the following method, which has worked for many people (worked for me after a couple of attempts):

1. go to "control panel"

2. Search "Devices and printers" look click "Add a Bluetooth device"

3. wait searching for device "where controller" from your controller (( Turn on your Xbox Wireless Controller by pressing the Xbox button. Press the controller Connect button for three seconds and release. ))

Discussion of the problem here:

https://answers.micr...6b0ac732?page=8

Edited by beammeup, 28 May 2020 - 12:16 PM.

• rmollise likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics