•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Vixen Turret and refractor connexion

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 pancho61

pancho61

Lift Off

• topic starter
  • Loc: France, D Day beach

Posted 26 May 2020 - 06:31 PM

Hello,

I have bought an vixen/celestron turret who has ben originally design for SCT, i have plan to use it with a refractor for eyepiece comparaison. Thread of this turret is for sct so i must do somes modification to adapt this turret in 1.25" or 36.4mm Vixen connection. I try to found some adapt to do this job but it is really hard to find it, does anyone already done this adapt? I will share some picture who show the turret and some measure ( sorry it in metric). On this turret you have two thread one is 39mm and the other is 37.4mm approximately.

Thanks for your help

clear skies

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_0752_resultat.jpg
  • IMG_0750_resultat.jpg
  • IMG_0751_resultat.jpg

#2 Don Taylor

Don Taylor

Apollo

• Loc: Broken Arrow (Tulsa Area) Oklahoma

Posted 26 May 2020 - 10:01 PM

I have not done exactly this conversion - but I believe the following 2 Baader components would work in conjunction with the SCT thread:

SCT thread to T2:

https://www.baader-p...2-part-28).html

T2 1.25 nosepiece 

https://www.baader-p...2-part-14).html

I'm not aware of any commercial adapters to mate with the 39mm & 37.4mm threads. Of course a machine shop could build one if needed

#3 pancho61

pancho61

Lift Off

• topic starter

Posted 28 May 2020 - 02:01 PM

Thanks don for your answer, i will try your solution maybe i can use this one two:

https://www.baader-p...cal-length.html

#4 Don Taylor

Don Taylor

Apollo

• Loc: Broken Arrow (Tulsa Area) Oklahoma

Posted 05 June 2020 - 08:24 PM

Damien:    Your Celestron turret is 2 inch SCT thread?  The knurled ring your thumb is touching in the first photo is 2 inch SCT internal thread like for a C8 telescope?

If so, the first Baader adapter in post #2 would thread into the knurled ring - the outside thread is 2 inch SCT, the inside thread is T2.  The second adapter is a 1.25" nosepiece with T2 threads - it is threaded into the T2 internal threads of the first adapter.

Sorry - I don't understand - did you remove the knurled ring to reach the  39mm and 37.4mm threads?  My suggestion would retain all of the original turret parts plus add the two Baader adapters.  

I apologize for my lack of understanding here.  

Edited by Don Taylor, 05 June 2020 - 08:25 PM.

#5 Nippon

Nippon

Gemini

• Loc: Central Florida

Posted 06 June 2020 - 04:36 PM

Check with Moonlight. I seem to remember they made an adapter to use SCT accessories with refractor focusers.

• pancho61 likes this

#6 pancho61

pancho61

Lift Off

• topic starter

Posted 07 June 2020 - 05:31 PM

Thanks for your reply i will ask to this member!!!!

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics