•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

ASIair Pro mount connection problem for Temma 2 & Losmandy Gemini

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 GMAN47

GMAN47

Lift Off

• topic starter

Posted 26 May 2020 - 08:35 PM

Hi,

Trying to connect the new ASIair Pro to my Tak Temma2 mount (Using the Tak serial cable) or Losmandy Gemini1 mount (using the Losmandy serial cable). Used the both mount serial cables attached to the serial /USB adapter that came with the ASIair Pro. Can not get the unit to connect with either mount. Changed the baud settings to what is available, no luck. Hooked up  the ASIair Pro to my Celestron Nexstar mount and it works fine.

What am I missing? Any help would be appreciated .

Thanks

Gian

#2 Dwight J

Dwight J

Soyuz

• Loc: Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada

Posted 27 May 2020 - 02:05 PM

I connected to my Tak EM200 using the provided serial to usb connector.  The baud rate I left at the default 9600.  I would suspect perhaps a bad Temma cable.   To test try using the ASI supplied converter and connect your mount using the Temma ASCOM driver.  If that all works I would suspect a software error and reflash the SD card with your back up file.  If the same problem crops up perhaps a bad SD card. These are the steps I would follow.

#3 GMAN47

GMAN47

Lift Off

• topic starter

Posted 28 May 2020 - 08:36 PM

Hi, Thanks for the help.

The Tak Temma cable is fine as I use it with a wireless Skyfi unit and Sky Safari with no issues.

ZWO says the BAUD rate is 19200, I've tried 9600, 19200, etc. 

I have not backed up my SD card yet. What weird is the ASIair works fine with my Celestron Nexstar, that cable is micro USB to normal USB.

I will have to look into getting new software for the SD card.

#4 Dwight J

Dwight J

Soyuz

• Loc: Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada

Posted 28 May 2020 - 11:24 PM

Interesting that the default baud rate is different. As you have checked all the assorted cables and adapters, that does point to the ASiair itself.  One last thought is to select the Tak driver in SkySafari first (you likely already have but just in case) prior to selecting the mount on the ASiair app.  As it works with your other mount the usb ports must be ok.  I guess one more thought; how are you powering the mount.  If you are powering it off the ASi unit it may not be getting enough power, not likely as the power draw for TakEM200 is low (about 1.2 amp).  Try powering it separately, you never know.  Anything to avoid the slow boat to China to get a reflashed SD card.  Best of luck and post your final decision. 

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics