•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

EdgeHD 800 image train not level

astrophotography cassegrain accessories beginner Celestron SCT
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 nishant.revur

nishant.revur

Lift Off

• ****-
  • topic starter

Posted 29 May 2020 - 02:07 AM

I just finished assembling the image train for my EdgeHD 800 and noticed that it droops towards the end. The imaging train is not perfectly straight and I have no idea why. Here’s a picture for reference. Any ideas or tips? My hunch is it might be between the OAG and the t-adapter. 

Attached Thumbnails

• A4B371C1-8DF1-4EE8-9591-03B5F747F9F5.jpeg

#2 SimonMiller

SimonMiller

Vostok 1

• -----

Posted 31 May 2020 - 07:42 PM

I just finished assembling the image train for my EdgeHD 800 and noticed that it droops towards the end. The imaging train is not perfectly straight and I have no idea why. Here’s a picture for reference. Any ideas or tips? My hunch is it might be between the OAG and the t-adapter. 

If you take off the guide camera for a moment and slightly loosen the the T Mount and rotate only the T Mount through 180 degrees before tightening it again, does the problem remain? It looks like it droops after the ZWO OAG?

If it's an EdgeHD 800, how are you setting the BF to 105mm from the back of the Reducer flange.

It looks far too much?

Simon 

#3 nishant.revur

nishant.revur

Lift Off

• ****-
  • topic starter

Posted 01 June 2020 - 05:02 PM

If you take off the guide camera for a moment and slightly loosen the the T Mount and rotate only the T Mount through 180 degrees before tightening it again, does the problem remain? It looks like it droops after the ZWO OAG?

If it's an EdgeHD 800, how are you setting the BF to 105mm from the back of the Reducer flange.

It looks far too much?

Simon 

I sort of figured it out. The droop isn’t actually in the imaging train. Keeping the scope down on its side slants the OTA. I placed the scope on its dovetail and used a level to see if its flat and it was. For some reason the picture I took makes it looks like it drops from the OAG. 

The t adapter creates an extension of 50mm from the reducer, the filter drawer + OAG + the cameras backfocus adds to 55, bringing the total to 105mm.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: astrophotography, cassegrain, accessories, beginner, Celestron, SCT

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics