•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

INDI and Starshoot

astrophotography beginner
  • Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 MSFFT

MSFFT

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 29 May 2020 - 02:43 AM

Hi all,

I’ve been slowly building up my astrophotography setup and have had some reasonable success with INDI running on a Raspberry Pi 4. My primary camera is an Orion Starshoot G16 and I’ve had some success controlling it with INDI rather than the natively provided software (which I don’t expect will run in a Linux environment and I’d rather not have to leave my windows machine outside during imaging). I’ve used the toupcam driver, which works, but seems like a bit of a hack. So here’s my questions:

• Is there a more appropriate driver to use for the G16?
  • If there isn’t a better driver, has anyone coded one before and able to comment on the experience? It’s somewhat beyond my previous experience.
  • If the toupcam driver is fine, does anyone know which setting would control the offset? Gain is obvious, but I haven’t been able to parse offset.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: astrophotography, beginner

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics