•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

AsiAir pro connection help

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Wileyglance

Wileyglance

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 29 May 2020 - 03:05 AM

My unit arrived and tried to connect ap mode with my iPhone X in both modes with no luck. I can see the asi wifi and connect with 12345678 pw but the app won’t connect. I was able to connect my phone by plugging the unit into my router and being on my home WiFi together. I was also able to connect easily with my old android phone. Does my iPhone X just not work or what do I need to do to connect? I plan on using an android tablet but it’s frustrating the iPhone doesn’t work. When I connect to the asiair WiFi the app says “4G Network” at the top right instead of the name I see in WiFi list. When I’m connected to my home WiFi it displays the correct network name.

Edited by Wileyglance, 29 May 2020 - 01:24 PM.

#2 GrafikDihzahyn

GrafikDihzahyn

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: Fly-Over State

Posted 29 May 2020 - 08:59 AM

You shouldn't have any issues with Apple products, as my iPad runs it just fine. Haven't needed to even try with my Android. At work currently, but I'll take a look at my settings when I get home before I setup my rig tonight.

#3 GrafikDihzahyn

GrafikDihzahyn

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: Fly-Over State

Posted 29 May 2020 - 07:05 PM

Okay, I may have found your issue. I did have to disable the ‘auto reconnect’ for my home network on my iPad, as the ASIAIR will drop WiFi if you are trying to switch between the 2.4/5/WiFi station mode, the your phone will automatically connect back to the regular WiFi instead. I did have to click back on the ASIAIR again for it to connect.

Let us know if this still isn’t the issue and we’ll get you going!

#4 Wileyglance

Wileyglance

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 29 May 2020 - 07:35 PM

It connects if I turn off my 4G wireless phone connection.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics