•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Recovering

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Hypoxic

Hypoxic

Messenger

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Oise, France

Posted 29 May 2020 - 03:06 AM

So this was my first night out after smoke-checking my gear. The night was spent just getting everything back into order: focusing, recalibrating, building a darks library for the new ZWO (forgot to do it inside), slewing around monitoring tracking and watching all the dangling wires snag stuff... note to self, need to build a wiring harness.

Anyway, everything checked out and before I broke down and went inside, I thought I would at least try to image something quick-like. So, here's that image in all it's grainy and hot pixely splendour since I didn't really process it; no calibration frames. Thought I was tracking the target but PHD was still running in a window behind BYN. Oops, he-he... oh well, the equipment is squared away. Hoping for more clear skies tonight!

Attached Thumbnails

• SetUp.jpg
  • PanStarrs.jpg

• F.Meiresonne and happylimpet like this

#2 F.Meiresonne

F.Meiresonne

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Eeklo,Belgium

Posted 29 May 2020 - 04:29 AM

I think you are on the right track!

What guiding scope do you use...how do you connect it?

I guess it is time i consider guiding..

I like being busy with taking photographs, mount, setting up, and do sessions.

I don't like the processing part...i am pc tech, whole days working with laptops and software troubles,so in my spare time i do it rather not....off course you can't get around itundecided.gif

#3 Tapio

Tapio

Mercury-Atlas

• -----
  • Loc: Tampere, Finland

Posted 29 May 2020 - 04:49 AM

Looks like a comet.

#4 Hypoxic

Hypoxic

Messenger

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 29 May 2020 - 05:11 AM

Looks like a comet.

Yeah, my artistic impression of a multi-core PanStarrs. lol.gif

#5 Hypoxic

Hypoxic

Messenger

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 29 May 2020 - 05:33 AM

I think you are on the right track!

What guiding scope do you use...how do you connect it?

I guess it is time i consider guiding..

I like being busy with taking photographs, mount, setting up, and do sessions.

I don't like the processing part...i am pc tech, whole days working with laptops and software troubles,so in my spare time i do it rather not....off course you can't get around itundecided.gif

Hey Freddy,

I've just added the Orion 50mm Delux scope with a ZWO ASI290mm mini guide cam. Today I moved that front retaining ring in the photo back a bit to accommodate it, the rings were set wider in this photo for the WO scope I had on there before.

I connect the camera to a powered USB hub along with my Nikon, which are then connected to the laptop. Should be a piece of cake for you being a PC tech. Guiding changes the game, I don't think you'd regret going guided when you see how nice the loooooooong subs look. When I saw that first 120" sub on the camera screen I thought, why didn't I do this sooner?! But I guess working up to this point makes me appreciate it that much more.

• F.Meiresonne likes this

#6 F.Meiresonne

F.Meiresonne

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Eeklo,Belgium

Posted 29 May 2020 - 05:43 AM

Hey Freddy,

I've just added the Orion 50mm Delux scope with a ZWO ASI290mm mini guide cam. Today I moved that front retaining ring in the photo back a bit to accommodate it, the rings were set wider in this photo for the WO scope I had on there before.

I connect the camera to a powered USB hub along with my Nikon, which are then connected to the laptop. Should be a piece of cake for you being a PC tech. Guiding changes the game, I don't think you'd regret going guided when you see how nice the loooooooong subs look. When I saw that first 120" sub on the camera screen I thought, why didn't I do this sooner?! But I guess working up to this point makes me appreciate it that much more.

Yes i do subs now to 90 sec and even there you are started so see it...

I think i gotta try...

The CEM60 has a hub...so ..and i don't even had to connect the camera,thatone remains via wifi..

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics