•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Optolong l-pro filter?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 stars n planets

stars n planets

Mariner 2

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 29 May 2020 - 05:14 PM

Is this the goto of all the light pollution filters? I see it used by alot of people. Or is there better or same for the same price for deep sky imaging?

#2 Creedence

Creedence

Ranger 4

• Loc: Florida

Posted 29 May 2020 - 05:49 PM

I see a lot of L-Enhance filters being used as well. I have an L-Pro and have been very pleased with it. A Baader UV/IR Cut filter is another one I’ve used in my Bortle 6 (soon to be 7) skies with good results.

Edited by Creedence, 29 May 2020 - 05:49 PM.

#3 russell23

russell23

Voyager 1

• Loc: Upstate NY

Posted 29 May 2020 - 06:05 PM

I’ve asked this in the past but nobody replied.  Does this filter help for visual as a general deep sky filter.  Obviously with nebula there are UHC/OIII filters, but there doesn’t seem to be much that can help with galaxies or clusters.  This filter is too pricey to buy just to see.  So if anyone can shed light on its effectiveness as a visual filter I would love to hear.  I live in a rural area but have borderline yellow/green zone skies to the south.

#4 Fluke

Fluke

Lift Off

• Loc: Central Arkansas

Posted 29 May 2020 - 06:32 PM

I have been curious about this too.  I'm mainly looking for something to help with imaging galaxies and clusters from a Bortle 7 area.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics