•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Paramount ME - How to set a southern DEC rate for sidereal?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Kevin_Mace

Kevin_Mace

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: McDonald Observatory, TX

Posted 29 May 2020 - 05:32 PM

Hello everyone, I need to set a non-zero DEC sidereal tracking rate in my Paramount ME (MKS4000).  In Bisque TCS within SkyX (Mac version), the allowable values of "Track Rate (% Sidereal)" are 0-200, but as far as I can tell from trials, those are all northern.  Given that it won't take a negative value, how would I set it to track, say, 99% of sidereal to the SOUTH?

I've looked through the documentation for both the Paramount ME and SkyX (and the standalone Bisque TCS), but I can't find how to do this.  I'm probably missing something obvious.

Thanks in advance for your assistance!

-Kevin

#2 AstroBruce

AstroBruce

Vostok 1

• -----

Posted 30 May 2020 - 08:58 PM

Are you talking about guiding or tracking? For guiding, set the Dec. guide rate to the same as RA, or 100%. There is no north or south. If you are talking about tracking, I'll wait for someone else to answer that.

Bruce

#3 Kevin_Mace

Kevin_Mace

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: McDonald Observatory, TX

Posted 02 June 2020 - 05:09 PM

@Bruce: Yes, tracking (hence the word tracking).  I got my answer from Bisque directly, but thanks!

#4 Tonk

Tonk

Cosmos

• Loc: Leeds, UK, 54N

Posted 03 June 2020 - 03:18 AM

Care to share the answer?

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics