•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

StarSense Error

accessories
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Ashacor

Ashacor

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 29 May 2020 - 07:21 PM

This is going to be an off one but I need help resolving an issue that I am seeing with the StarSense Hand Controller. I am getting the typical "Can not find mount" error that is all over the internet. I have updated the handset but it has not resolved the issues. I also hooked my Nexstar Handset up and updated it successfully.

The key that this is a StarSense HC issue is that when updating the Nexstar, it detected the mount, HC and the SS camera. I hooked the SS HC back up to update an noticed that it did not detect the mount or camera. 

Is this a sign of a bad camera or should I be trying something else to resolve this issue?

#2 robbieg147

robbieg147

Mariner 2

• -----
  • Loc: Kent, England

Posted 30 May 2020 - 02:57 PM

Hi I have Starsense and love it, you will to when you get it working.

I have read several threads which say connecting the Starsense HC to a aux port and connecting the Starsense camera into the HC port cured the problem.

Is your Starsense brand new or did you buy it second hand?

#3 Noah4x4

Noah4x4

Soyuz

• Loc: Colchester UK

Posted 01 June 2020 - 12:13 AM

I have a hunch what it might be..

1. What mount are you using?

2. Presumably you used CFM to update Starsense HC?

3.  Did you use McUpdator to update the mount (n.b. DON'T!). 

An issue has been reported by some SE and other older mount owners where taking step (3) can brick your HC. There is a recent thread that offers the solution (generally restoring firmware). I think Mike Swanson might have also posted something on his Nexstar Resource site. 

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: accessories

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics