•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Help with downloading FireCapture

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Bud1

Bud1

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 29 May 2020 - 08:13 PM

Hi,
I’m having an issue and am looking for help—
I’m trying to download FireCapture software  on to my Microsoft 10 64b lap top.It downloads but only comes out in a folder.
When I dug deeper In to the downloading and troubleshooting video ( close to the bottom of the FireCapture web site page) About 2 minutes into the video their is a what to do fix — but I just don’t get it. Any help would be great. I'm really a newbie at this!

#2 Xeroid

Xeroid

Surveyor 1

• Loc: USA

Posted 29 May 2020 - 09:47 PM

You need to UnZip (uncompressed) the downloaded program, use right mouse "Extract all" or get the utility program called 7-Zip to unzip the files.

#3 Bud1

Bud1

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 30 May 2020 - 01:30 AM

Thank you very much.

Tried what you have suggested and am still working on it. If the weather be good and the creek don't rise and i wake up in the morning I'll try again. 

update

Well I've tried and tried and now I'm just about ready to through this whole thing out the window. Where i"ve gotten to so far is that I do the download I can see the download I use right mouse "Extract all"and what I end up with is the same folder! 

Edited by Bud1, 30 May 2020 - 06:13 PM.

#4 crn3371

crn3371

Vostok 1

• Loc: SoCal

Posted 01 June 2020 - 11:08 AM

You’re not alone. I came close to tossing the whole thing, but somehow I clicked on enough things to finally get it to install. I wish I could tell you what I did. Even then, once installed it is almost as frustrating getting it to launch and pinning a shortcut to your desktop. People swear by FireCapture but I’m still tempted to ditch it for SharpCap since there seems to be better documentation and support.

Edited by crn3371, 01 June 2020 - 11:11 AM.

#5 Xeroid

Xeroid

Surveyor 1

• Loc: USA

Posted 01 June 2020 - 02:50 PM

OK, time to take a step back...

Just to make sure,  are you downloading from:

1. Windows 10 PC?

2. Raspberry Pi 3/4 ?

3. MAC OSX ?

4.For the file you have downloaded,  please show us the FireCapture file name EXACTLY. 

Thank you very much.

Tried what you have suggested and am still working on it. If the weather be good and the creek don't rise and i wake up in the morning I'll try again. 

update

Well I've tried and tried and now I'm just about ready to through this whole thing out the window. Where i"ve gotten to so far is that I do the download I can see the download I use right mouse "Extract all"and what I end up with is the same folder! 

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics