•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Explore Scientific i-exos 100

mount
  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Tony27

Tony27

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 31 May 2020 - 02:35 PM

Hi

Has anybody successfully installed the Windows 10 celestial database that is driven from the ExploreStars app.

I have follwed ES instructions but keep getting a Data Files Missing message.

2 hours on their chat line has not resolved the problem. I have been told that there should be an SQlite file in the download. This is not present.

Any suggestions please.

#2 Devonshire

Devonshire

Mariner 2

• Loc: S/W Ontario, Canada

Posted 31 May 2020 - 09:40 PM

Tony,

I use ASCOM, so I'm not about to give advice on Explorestars, but from what I see going past on the support forum, this sort of thing does get resolved.

Try asking here:

https://espmc-eight.groups.io/g/MAIN

HTH...

• PatrickVt likes this

#3 PatrickVt

PatrickVt

Ranger 4

• -----
  • Loc: Vermont, US

Posted 31 May 2020 - 11:48 PM

The PMC Eight group mentioned above is the best place for getting help with these mounts.  

i seem to remember having some difficulties gettimg the database to install correctly on one of my three Windows 10 devices.  If I remember correctly, I think I found I needed to reboot after extracting the ExploreStars folder to my Pictures folder.  

The real experts are located at the above mentioned group though.

Patrick

#4 Tony27

Tony27

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 01 June 2020 - 02:28 AM

Thanks for the replies guys.

I have rebooted the machine but still have the error message.

I am in contact again with ES via the chat line and I hope that I get a resolution today.

If and when it is resolved I will post details.

#5 PatrickVt

PatrickVt

Ranger 4

• -----
  • Loc: Vermont, US

Posted 01 June 2020 - 06:52 AM

If you are chatting with Kent, that is good.  If you are waiting for someone from ES so you can chat, the better place to ask for help and find answers is the PMC-Eight group.  That is actually Explore Scientific's help forum for exactly these types of problems.   Someone from ES is always in that forum and it is usually their lead engineer.  Last I heard is that nobody is actually working at the ES physical store during the pandemic.  They are all working from home so not all usual lines of communication have been available.  

However, if you are already chatting with Kent, then that is better.  

Please post how the issue was resolved for anyone who may experience the same in the future.  Thanks and good luck!

Patrick

#6 Tony27

Tony27

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 01 June 2020 - 07:05 AM

Thanks Patrick. I will head over to the PMC-Eight group.

#7 ChrisMoses

ChrisMoses

Apollo

• -----
  • Loc: Fort Wayne, IN, USA

Posted 02 July 2020 - 07:40 AM

Did you get it resolved?  You should be able to easily use the Configuration Manager to install the DB  Yesterday's webcast was all about it.  If you need any help with it, just post on the groups.io forum or PM me.  I am the author.

Thanks,

Chris Moses

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mount

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics