Yes, I agree.
I will have to add several to the DO NOT do to your Cat:
- Pick your Cat up by the tail! They really hate that so never, ever do that!
- Compare your Cat to your Dog while they are both there in front of you!
- Dress your Cat in cute outfits. I know lots of people do this and post videos on youtube but think about your cat's self-esteem. His cat friends may watch those videos and your cat will be humiliated.
- Make him/her walk a treadmill, unless they really need to lose weight.
- Force him/her to watch YOUR favourite TV shows or movies. Perhaps give your cat the option to choose something on TV/Netflix or what-ever you have.
- Threaten to replace him/her with a NEW cat with all the new upgrades and options...
- Hide a Rubber Chicken in the liter box.
- Try to get your cat to sit on a Woo-pee cushion.
- Shake his/her paw with a joy-buzzer.
- Take your Cat to a fish-market.
Do take very good care of your Cat and treat him/her with love and respect!
Now, as to the optical kinds of cats. When you are doing public outreach Astronomy, make sure to the spectators NOT to touch any of the equipment. One time a lady decided to touch the corrector plate of my old Meade 2120 LX5. I said seriously lady, you should never touch optical glass of any kind.
Do NOT leave your Cat unattended during public events, especially when observing the Sun with a white light solar filter. Believe it or not, a member of the public, while viewing thru my friends scope, demanded that he "remove" the solar filter so that he could get a "real-life" view not hindered by a Solar Filter!
So, let's hear it for Cats, both the furry-quadrapeds and the optical kind! Yeah Cats!
LOL! Clear skies!