•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Back Focus

astrophotography equipment imaging/sketching contest imaging
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bjm

bjm

Sputnik

• topic starter
  • Loc: Bahamas

Posted 31 May 2020 - 06:32 PM

I recently bought a TS130 Apo.  Flattener requires 88mm back focus.  Is the attached image correct or should I be shortening it by 6.5mm for the distance from the camera body to the sensor?  Camera is ZWO1600MM.

Thanks,

Brian

#2 YAOG

YAOG

Vanguard

• Loc: Southern California

Posted 31 May 2020 - 07:31 PM

I recently bought a TS130 Apo.  Flattener requires 88mm back focus.  Is the attached image correct or should I be shortening it by 6.5mm for the distance from the camera body to the sensor?  Camera is ZWO1600MM.

Thanks,

Brian

photo is missing.

#3 kathyastro

kathyastro

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Nova Scotia

Posted 31 May 2020 - 07:43 PM

Thanks,

Brian

The 6.5mm from the camera body to the sensor counts as part of the 88mm.  So you need adapters/spacers to make up 81.5mm.  Sorry I can't be more specific without the picture.

• Michael Covington, ChrisWhite and bjm like this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: astrophotography, equipment, imaging/sketching contest, imaging

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics