•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

The Moon in IR-RGB - 31 May 2020 - Waxing Gibbous 65%

moon
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Epox75

Epox75

Ranger 4

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Netherlands

Posted 01 June 2020 - 06:25 PM

After five nights in a row of good weather and deep sky imaging, yesterday was a bit cloudy and I was very tired smile.gif So, right after sunset, I decided to go for the Moon and then close everything. 

The image was taken with the IR-pass filter at 685nm as luminance and RGB filters for color. Processed with Autostakkert, Astraimage, Pixinsight and Photoshop. I might have exaggerated with the deconvolution but I couldn't zoom on the small details while doing so it was very hard to spot artifacts. Luckily enough only a few small brightest craters seem to be affected. 

The telescope used is a 6'' GSO f/4 newtonian (600mm focal lenght) and the camera an ASI1600MM-Cool, everything on a CGEM-DX Mount. 

Link to the full resolution image on Telescopius: https://storage.goog...55-original.png

Downsampled preview:

Moon 31052020 - IR-RGB.jpg

Thanks for looking, 

Clear Skies, 

Andrea

Edited by Epox75, 01 June 2020 - 06:32 PM.

• Kenny V., eros312, Francopoli and 6 others like this

#2 TareqPhoto

TareqPhoto

Fly Me to the Moon

• -----
  • Loc: Ajman - UAE

Posted 04 June 2020 - 02:21 AM

Oh My GOD, 3-4 nights ago i was using my new telescope for the first time ever which is 6" F/4 from GSO as well, and i was testing it with 4 cameras, 3 as planetary cameras and one as a cooled mono camera which i kept it and continued to image a DSO target too.

My Newt isn't collimated perfectly, when i put it first and tried to take any image of the moon it was completely bad, i thought it is either the seeing or filter or the scope itself, but i collimated it very quick anything badly desperately and WOW, what a difference, still not perfect but it gave results that it should be, i hope to make the collimation more precise and perfect to get the best quality of results.

#3 BQ Octantis

BQ Octantis

Mercury-Atlas

• Loc: Red Centre, Oz

Posted 04 June 2020 - 05:18 AM

Very nice colors, Andrea!

You can reduce the clipping from the deconvolution by simply reducing the white point by 10 to 20 (of 255) before you run it. In Photoshop, it's the right output value in Levels.

Cheers,

BQ

Edited by BQ Octantis, 04 June 2020 - 05:42 AM.

• Epox75 likes this

#4 TareqPhoto

TareqPhoto

Fly Me to the Moon

• -----

Posted 04 June 2020 - 05:23 AM

Did you use any coma corrector here?

I used my QHY163M camera with same telescope, the view of the moon is small, so did you crop heavily? 

#5 Epox75

Epox75

Ranger 4

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Netherlands

Posted 07 June 2020 - 11:03 PM

Did you use any coma corrector here?

I used my QHY163M camera with same telescope, the view of the moon is small, so did you crop heavily? 

Yes the GPU 4 elements. I did crop some to gain fps since a good part of the frame was empty. 

#6 TareqPhoto

TareqPhoto

Fly Me to the Moon

• -----

Posted 08 June 2020 - 04:50 AM

Yes the GPU 4 elements. I did crop some to gain fps since a good part of the frame was empty. 

Got it, thank you very much

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: moon

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics