•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

6 more months of minimum

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 williambooth

williambooth

Lift Off

• topic starter

Posted 01 June 2020 - 08:15 PM

Well, at least that what my latest model is saying.

The model was made using data from http://sidc.be://sidc.be ,R programming and Facebook's Prophet library

Attached Thumbnails

• newplot.png
  • prophet_sidc.png

• MalVeauX likes this

#2 havasman

havasman

Voyager 1

• ****-
  • Loc: Dallas, Texas

Posted 01 June 2020 - 08:52 PM

I'm going to take that as good news. I've thought I may not even live long enough to see another sunspot if this minimum keeps hanging in there for a 14 year cycle.

• torsinadoc and williambooth like this

#3 RalphMeisterTigerMan

RalphMeisterTigerMan

Apollo

Posted 01 June 2020 - 09:12 PM

Six more months of minimum? Okay, so is there, by any chance a "Ground-hog" version of Sunspot minimum cycle? So something, I know not what, came out of where-ever it was hibernating/hiding, saw it's shadow and went back into the what-ever it calls it's domicile?

Sorry, I just couldn't resist. 

Apparently there is not only the 11 year cycle that is well known, but now many heliologists are theorizing that the 11 year cycle is actually part of a much longer more complex cycle.

I find it absolutely fascinating that we now have SOHO, the SDO, Big-bear solar observatory and the new solar-scope on top of Haleakala on the Island of Maui. Seeing as the Sun effects us in so many ways including mass-coronal ejects which happen far more often than is comfortable, it is an absolute Must that the Space Weather Centre keeps constant watch on what's happening on good-old SOL.

I find your above graph and your sunspot cycle system absolutely fascinating. Hope you don't mind the joke. LOL!

Clear skies!

RalphMeisterTigerMan

• havasman and williambooth like this

#4 williambooth

williambooth

Lift Off

• topic starter

Posted 01 June 2020 - 09:47 PM

Take a look at the yearly Sunspot attached.

Look at what happened to solar maximums between 1860 and 1953, then look at what's been happening since 1953. 

David 

Attached Thumbnails

• wolfaml2.png

#5 sunnyday

sunnyday

Cosmos

• Loc: Ottawa,Canada

Posted 01 June 2020 - 09:52 PM

I hope you're wrong.
but unfortunately you don't.
but hey 6 months is not the end of the world.
we have to wait anyway, we have no choice.
thank you for your research.

#6 StarHugger

StarHugger

Explorer 1

• -----
  • Loc: Milton Wisconsin, U.S.A

Posted 01 June 2020 - 10:06 PM

Thanks, Thats kind of what I have been told...early 2021 or so. Looking forward indeed.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics