•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Apogee U8300 Monochronome Horizontal line image

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 JoseBorrero

JoseBorrero

Soyuz

• topic starter
  • Loc: Puerto Rico Island

Posted 01 June 2020 - 08:42 PM

I had an oportunity to get this camera on Ebay couple weeks ago. Had the opportunity to test it today due lack of adapters. Now on test, I only see an Horizontal line of what is supposed to be a focusing star. I tried changing the usb cable with same results. Do I have a wrong setting on Maxim dl 5.25? what can I do?

Attached Thumbnails

• CCD Image 17.jpg

#2 artem2

artem2

Messenger

• ****-
  • Loc: Österreich (no kangaroos in Austria)

Posted 02 June 2020 - 01:52 AM

Hello Jose,

Nice CCD you did buy waytogo.gif and I hope all issues will be solved soon and you can image with your CCD..

Your CCD seems to have some few flowerred.gif  configuration setups with MDL, see here https://www.diffract...Apogee_Alta.htm

I did have once a CCD with a SHUTTER, and from what I still remember, I had almost the  same looking display, and it came out to be that the SHUTTER was stuck and not working, did you check if the SHUTTER is working correctly ?? you can check that anytime " actually "

Just connect the CCD and open the front end and take some short exposures and see if the shutter works..

Else, in worse case contact the CCD HELP / SUPPORT-DESK..

Cheers

Martin

Edited by artem2, 02 June 2020 - 02:57 AM.

#3 JoseBorrero

JoseBorrero

Soyuz

• topic starter
  • Loc: Puerto Rico Island

Posted 02 June 2020 - 06:59 AM

Hello Jose,

Nice CCD you did buy waytogo.gif and I hope all issues will be solved soon and you can image with your CCD..

Your CCD seems to have some few flowerred.gif  configuration setups with MDL, see here https://www.diffract...Apogee_Alta.htm

I did have once a CCD with a SHUTTER, and from what I still remember, I had almost the  same looking display, and it came out to be that the SHUTTER was stuck and not working, did you check if the SHUTTER is working correctly ?? you can check that anytime " actually "

Just connect the CCD and open the front end and take some short exposures and see if the shutter works..

Else, in worse case contact the CCD HELP / SUPPORT-DESK..

Cheers

Martin

Thanks Martin, 

Shutter actually work.

Jose B

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics